ITK Engineering GmbH (hereinafter “ITK Engineering“ or “We“ or “Us”) welcomes you to our internet pages and mobile applications (together also referred to as “Online Offers”). We thank you for your interest in our company and our products.
ITK Engineering respects your data protection.
The protection of your data throughout the course of processing personal data as well as the security of all business data is an important concern to us. We process personal data that was gathered during your visit of our Online Offers confidentially and only in accordance with statutory regulations.
Data protection and information security are included in our corporate policy.
ITK Engineering is the controller responsible for the processing of your data; exceptions are outlined in this data protection notice.
Our contact details are as follows:
ITK Engineering GmbH
Im Speyerer Tal 6,
76761 Ruelzheim, Germany
Collection, processing and usage of personal data.
The following categories of data are processed:
- Communication data (e.g. name, telephone, e-mail, address, IP address)
- Transaction data
Personal data consists of all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person, this includes, e.g. names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, contractual master data, contract accounting and payment data, which is an expression of a person’s identity.
We collect, process and use personal data only when there is either a statutory legal basis to do so or if you have given your consent to the processing or use of personal data concerning this matter, e.g. by means of registration.
Processing purposes and legal basis.
We as well as the service providers commissioned by us; process your personal data for the following processing purposes:
- Provision of these Online Offers (Legal basis: Legitimate interest on our part in direct marketing as long as this occurs in accordance with data protection and competition law).
- Resolving service disruptions as well as for security reasons (Legal basis: Fulfillment of our legal obligations within the scope of data security and legitimate interest in resolving service disruptions as well as in the protection of our offers).
- Self-promotion and promotion by others as well as market research and reach analysis done within the scope statutorily permitted or based on consent. (Legal basis: Consent / legitimate interest on our part in direct marketing if in accordance with data protection and competition law).
- Product or customer surveys performed subject to your prior express consent (Legal basis: Consent).
- Sending an email or SMS/MMS newsletter subject to the recipient’s consent (Legal basis: Consent).
- Safeguarding and defending our rights (Legal basis: Legitimate interest on our part for safeguarding and defending our rights).
- Answering requests within the scope of a contact form (Legal basis: Fulfillment of contractual obligations or legitimate interest in the improvement of products / services).
Each time you use the internet, your browser is transmitting certain information which we store in so-called log files.
We store log files for a short period of time to determine service disruptions and for security reasons (e.g., to investigate attack attempts) and delete them afterwards. Log files which need to be maintained for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the respective incident is resolved and may, on a case-by-case basis, be passed on to investigating authorities.
Log files are also used for analysis purposes (without the IP address or without the complete IP address) see module “Advertisements and/or market research (including web analysis, no customer surveys)”.
In log files, in particular the following information is saved:
- IP address (internet protocol address) of the terminal device which is being used to access the Online Offer;
- Internet address of the website from which the Online Offer is accessed (so-called URL of origin or referrer URL);
- Name of the service provider which was used to access the Online Offer;
- Name of the files or information accessed;
- Date and time as well as duration of recalling the data;
- Amount of data transferred;
- Operating system and information on the internet browser used, including add-ons installed (e.g., Flash Player);
- http status code (e.g., “Re-quest successful” or “File re-quested not found”).
This Online Offer is not meant for children under 16 years of age.
Data transfer to other controllers.
Principally, your personal data is forwarded to other controllers only if required for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation, or if we ourselves, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in the data transfer, or if you have given your consent. Particulars on the legal basis and the recipients or categories of recipients can be found in the Section – Processing purposes and legal basis.
Additionally, data may be transferred to other controllers when we are obliged to do so due to statutory regulations or enforceable administrative or judicial orders.
Service providers (general).
We involve external service providers with tasks such as sales and marketing services, contract management, payment handling, programming, data hosting and hotline services. We have chosen those service providers carefully and monitor them on a regular basis, especially regarding their diligent handling of and protection of the data that they store. All service providers are obliged to maintain confidentiality and to comply with the statutory provisions. Service providers may also be other Bosch group companies.
Transfer to recipients outside the EEA.
We might transfer personal data to recipients located outside the EEA into so-called third countries. In such cases, prior to the transfer we ensure that either the data recipient provides an appropriate level of data protection or that you have consented to the transfer.
You are entitled to receive an overview of third country recipients and a copy of the specifically agreed-provisions securing an appropriate level of data protection. For this purpose, please use the statements made in the Contact section.
Duration of storage; retention periods.
Principally, we store your data for as long as it is necessary to render our Online Offers and connected services or for as long as we have a justified interest in storing the data (e.g. we might still have a justified interest in postal mail marketing after fulfillment of our contractual obligations). In all other cases we delete your personal data with the exception of data we are obliged to store for the fulfillment of legal obligations (e.g. due to retention periods under the tax and commercial codes we are obliged to have documents such as contracts and invoices available for a certain period of time).
Usage of Cookies.
In the context of our online service, cookies and tracking mechanisms may be used.
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your device when visiting our online service. Tracking is possible using different technologies. In particular, we process information using pixel technology and/or during log file analysis.
We distinguish between cookies that are mandatorily required for the technical functions of the online service and such cookies and tracking mechanisms that are not mandatorily required for the technical function of the online service.
It is generally possible to use the online service without any cookies that serve non-technical purposes.
Technically required cookies:
By technically required cookies we mean cookies without those the technical provision of the online service cannot be ensured. These include e.g. cookies that store data to ensure smooth reproduction of video or audio footage.
Such cookies will be deleted when you leave the website.
Cookies and tracking mechanisms that are technically not required:
Marketing cookies and tracking mechanisms:
By using marketing cookies and tracking mechanisms we and our partners are able to show you offerings based on your interests, resulting from an analysis of your user behavior:
- Statistics: By using statistical tools, we measure e.g. the number of your page views.
- Conversion tracking: Our conversion tracking partners place a cookie on your computer (“conversion cookie”) if you accessed our website via an advertisement of the respective partner. Normally these cookies are no longer valid after 30 days. If you visit certain pages of our website and the cookie has not yet expired, we and the relevant conversion partner can recognize that a certain user clicked on the advertisement and thereby was redirected to our website. This can also be done across multiple devices. The information obtained by means of the conversion cookie serves the purpose of compiling conversion statistics and recording the total number of users who clicked on the respective advertisement and were redirected to a website with a conversion tracking tag.
- Retargeting: These tools create user profiles by means of advertising cookies or third-party advertising cookies so called “web beacons” (invisible graphics that are also called pixels or tracking pixels), or by means of comparable technologies. These are used for interest-based advertising and to control the frequency with which the user looks at certain advertisements. The relevant provider is the controller responsible for the processing of data in connection with the tool. The providers of the tools might disclose information also to third parties for the purposes mentioned above. Please note the data protection notices of the relevant provider in this context.
Please note that using the tools might include transfer of your data to recipients outside of the EEA where there is no adequate level of data protection pursuant to the GDPR (e.g. the USA). For more details in this respect please refer to the following description of the individual marketing tools.
Name: Google Analytics
Provider: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Function: Analysis of user behavior (page retrievals, number of visitors and visits, downloads), creation of pseudonymous user profiles based on cross-device information of logged-in Google users (cross-device tracking), enrichment of pseudonymous user data with target group-specific information provided by Google, retargeting, UX testing, conversion tracking and retargeting in conjunction with Google Ads
Name: Google Tag Manager
Provider: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Function: Administration of website tags via a user interface, integration of program codes on our websites
Name: Google web fonts
This site uses so-called web fonts of the provider Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA for the uniform display of fonts. When you access a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose, the browser you are using has to connect to the servers of Google. This informs Google that our website was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google web fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a predominant legitimate interest on our part within the meaning of article 6 section 1 lit. f GDPR.
Management of cookies and tracking mechanisms:
You can manage your cookie and tracking mechanism settings in the browser and/or our privacy settings.
Note: The settings you have made refer only to the browser used in each case.
Deactivation of all cookies:
If you wish to deactivate all cookies, please deactivate cookies in your browser settings. Please note that this may affect the functionality of the website.
Management of your settings with regard to cookies and tracking mechanisms not required technically:
When visiting our websites, you will be asked in a cookie layer whether you consent to our using of any Comfort cookies, marketing cookies or tracking mechanisms, respectively.
In our privacy settings, you may withdraw the consent with effect for the future or grant your consent at a later point in time.
Our Online Offers may contain links to internet pages of third parties, in particular providers who are not related to us. Upon clicking on the link, we have no influence on the collecting, processing and use of personal data possibly transmitted by clicking on the link to the third party (such as the IP address or the URL of the site on which the link is located) as the conduct of third parties is naturally beyond our control. We do not assume responsibility for the processing of personal data by third parties.
Our employees and the companies providing services on our behalf, are obliged to confidentiality and to compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
We take all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security and to protect your data that are administrated by us especially from the risks of unintended or unlawful destruction, manipulation, loss, change or unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized access. Our security measures are, pursuant to technological progress, constantly being improved.
To enforce your rights, please use the details provided in the Contact section. In doing so, please ensure that an unambiguous identification of your person is possible.
Right to information and access:
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us about whether or not your personal data is being processed, and, if this is the case, access to your personal data.
Right to correction and deletion:
You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data. As far as statutory requirements are fulfilled, you have the right to obtain the completion or deletion of your data.
This does not apply to data which is necessary for billing or accounting purposes or which is subject to a statutory retention period. If access to such data is not required, however, its processing is restricted (see the following).
Restriction of processing:
As far as statutory requirements are fulfilled you have the right to demand for restriction of the processing of your data.
As far as statutory requirements are fulfilled you have the right to demand for to receive data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or – if technically feasible –that we transfer those data to a third party.
Objection to direct marketing:
Additionally, you may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time. Please take into account that due to organizational reasons, there might be an overlap between your objection and the usage of your data within the scope of a campaign which is already running.
Objection to data processing based on the legal basis of “legitimate interest”:
In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time, insofar as this is based on “legitimate interest”. We will then terminate the processing of your data, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds according to legal requirements which override your rights.
Withdrawal of consent:
In case you consented to the processing of your data, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future. The lawfulness of data processing prior to your withdrawal remains unchanged.
Right to lodge complaint with supervisory authority:
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can appeal to the supervisory authority which is responsible for your place of residence or your state of residency or to the supervisory authority responsible for us. This is:
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Prof. Dr. Dieter Kugelmann
Hintere Bleiche 34
55116 Mainz, GERMANY
P.O. Box 30 40
55020 Mainz, GERMANY
Phone: 06131 / 208-2449
Fax: 06131 / 208-2497
Changes to the Data Protection Notice:
We reserve the right to change our security and data protection measures. In such cases, we will amend our data protection notice accordingly. Please, therefore, notice the current version of our data protection notice, as this is subject to changes.
If you wish to contact us, please find us at the address stated in the “Controller” section.
To assert your rights and to notify data protection incidents please use the following link:
For suggestions and complaints regarding the processing of your personal data we recommend that you contact our data protection officer:
Data Protection Officer
Information Security and Privacy (C/ISP)
Robert Bosch GmbH
Postfach 30 02 20
Effective date: 2020.04.01